Thursday, March 1

on our way

Today I (Kenia) head down to the bay area, Christopher will follow in two days. We figured that its best to get the "mother-ship" down there and not risk anything happening here. This week we had a growth ultrasound and they estimate her weight at 4 lbs 10 ozs...in other words she is going to be a tiny little nut. Next week we have several appointments at Stanford - we have been impressed with the level of organization they have shown in coordinating our logistics. We will post something again next week once we go through these appointments. Thanks again to everyone for all of the support you have given us - we can't stop thinking these words (thank you) because all of your efforts in helping us has meant so much to both of us.

9 comments:

Shannon said...

Kenia and Christopher
Our thoughts are with you. I hope you have a safe and easy trip down and get yourself settled before anything exciting happens. Are you staying with family or somewhere near the hospital?

Also..

Can you let us know your due date? I have forgotten.

We are looking forward to meeting the family when you come back home to Seattle.

Shannon and Baby Wren

samba kat said...

very best wishes to all 3 of you! Safe trip down, and safe & happy journey home in the end.

I will be sending you good thoughts every evening at sunset from here in Rio de Janeiro. (The good thoughts should arrive at, let's see, about 3pm Stanford time)

ps seconding the request for a reminder of your due date....

- Kathleen in Rio

Lisette said...

Will, Zane and I are sending you lots of love and well wishes. I too will send you good thoughts from Rio, and then Salvador. With all that Brazilian energy coming your way, good things are bound to happen :)

But seriously, we are thinking of you and looking forward to your safe return.

Love,

Lisette

Anonymous said...

Hello Christopher and Kenia,
Inge, Amber and I are here in Florida and wish you all the best. Thanks for the email to keep us up to date. Keeping our fingers crossed that all will go as it should.
Love and kisses,
Astrid

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Kenia and Christopher
Thank you for sending this link, we will follow your updates as they arise. Thinking of you - I just read about a peagan good luck ritual where you have to run through the woods naked. Since we have lots of woods and our girlish figures, Tatiana and myself decided to leave nothing untried.
All the best to all of you
Love
Tatiana and Susi

Anonymous said...

K&C-
Hang in there. Just returned from naked running in woods - it had better work - I pretty much froze my tusch off here in the new england woods (where it is waaay below freezing). Susanne found it merely 'refreshing' - those crazy Germans. Clearly, we are thinking good thoughts for you and the little nut (I'm somehow not surprised that you are adding another nut to the family)....

LOVE!
Tatiana

Unknown said...

Halt die Ohren Steif, viel Glueck!

Axel

Anonymous said...

Hey Ihr Drei,
hoffe alles klappt planmaessig. Das mit dem nackt durch den Wald laufen gefaellt mir gut, werde naechstes Wochenende mal Ausschau nach geeigneter Baumansammlung halten (oder was die 'Oeme' noch davon uebriggelassen haben auf dieser feuchten Insel).
Benji